Global Broadcasting and Interactive Media Executive Search - Since 1985
Position Director Facilities Operations - Broadcasting Mechanical and Electrical Systems Location New York City, NY - USA Compensation $100,000+ and bonus and benefits Summary Global media and entertainment company is seeking a broadcast executive with mechanical and systems engineering and facilities experience Job Description The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for the mechanical and electrical systems in a 24/7 broadcast television facility. The technical and non-technical space is over one million square feet. The electrical plant includes three 2 MW generators enabling the facility to go off grid during periods of peak demand. There are four large UPS’s in the facility. The Director manages all preventative maintenance of the HVAC and electrical systems using both contractors and internal resources. The Director supervises the daily work of the IBEW Local 3 electric shop and the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 30 engineers. Other responsibilities include providing input to the Facilities Design and Construction Department in the design of capital improvements. Required Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering A PE is preferred (but not required) At least 7-10 years experience in a 24/7 technical facility with progressively greater management responsibilities is required. Candidates should be knowledgeable of building management systems (Siemens preferred but not required). Contact Tony Filson
Officer in Charge of Search
Filcro Media Staffing
521 Fifth Avenue
New York City, NY 10175-1801
Resume: submission link
Please include "Director Facilities Operations" in the subject line of your email, thank you.
This broadcasting facilities job web link: http://www.filcro.com/Director_Facilities_Operations.html
Filcro Media Links
Media and Broadcasting Executive Search - Filcro Media Staffing, Inc. - New York City, NY - USA
TV Broadcast Engineering
Location Brooklyn, NY - Accessible by car or train - Private parking provided to the Chief Engineer
Compensation to $100,000 as a base with an additional $5K-10K performance based bonus and outstanding health, dental and vision, life and many other benefits for you and your family. Also, 401K savings and (2) two retirement plans/pensions. These are exceptional retirement benefits in a very stable, secure and ideal work environment for someone truly seeking a home.
A highly respected, stable and lifelong secure non-profit news broadcaster and media conglomerate is seeking a talented broadcasting executive who is seeking a real home. This broadcast engineering job is for a Chief or Senior Broadcast Engineer who desires long-term stability and career security in an ideal work environment.
Located in Brooklyn New York, this respected Broadcast Network is migrating to advanced technologies as they integrate their TV, MSO, OTT, On Line, Print and Social Media properties. This Broadcast Engineering professional will lead, mentor and spearhead projects in a hands-on manner, working with kind, dedicated and caring broadcast professionals who also enjoy career stability and security in a highly desired work environment.
This Chief Engineer will be responsible for providing outstanding client and customer service to multiple broadcast studios, master control, transmission, post-production, creative content creation and edit facilities.
This person should truly enjoy technology and have the ability to bring new technologies to fruition and improve workflow. This position reports to a seasoned TV Network executive who has a reputation of being a “great boss”.
Broadcast Engineering Skills and Experience
- In a hands-on manner participate in day-to-day execution of preventive maintenance, facility personnel assignment, equipment calibration and technical support
- Provide high-level customer support and service to News, Digital, Production and Master Control departments.
- Resolve issues through careful analysis and trouble shooting, fabricating, cabling and wiring new installations with proper labeling and or documentation as directed by the Director of Engineering.
- Participate in developing project priorities, resource requirements, project scope and objectives.
- Assess issues / needs and provide enhancements to existing systems. Analyze systems and or workflow to identify issues, improvements and solutions.
- Maintain a high level of broadcast industry technical and business knowledge to keep the broadcast infrastructure up to industry standards.
- Work closely with broadcast operations to keep them informed trough documentation of changes to the production environment.
- Maintain, track and report all project status and metrics
- The Chief Engineer has three direct reports to also include the Master Control Supervisor who has one full time and rotating temp employees to meet all schedules.
- Engineering or related degree
- A minimum of (7) seven years of experience providing:
- Master Control
- Non-Linear Editing
- Server and Transmission Technical Support
- AutoCAD or Visio drawing and document skills preferred
- Full cabling, wiring, equipment configuration, installation, systems integration and project management experience desired
- A history of providing quality support to editors and production
- A working knowledge of networking technologies, topographies and troubleshooting used in broadcasting, highly desired
- In depth knowledge of ADC 100, ROSS Overdrive, studio camera setup, MPEG compression, satellite communication required
- Valid driver's license and the ability to lift 50 pounds and climb a ladder
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends as required
TV Broadcasting Chief Engineer
A Filcro Media Staffing TV Broadcast Engineering Executive Search
Filcro Media Staffing Media & Broadcasting Executive Search - All Rights Reserved. Media and broadcasting executive search firms across multiple media platforms. Tony Filson Officer in Charge of Search Filcro Media Staffing - 1985 - 2016 All Rights Reserved. http://www.ExecutiveSearch.TV Filcro Media Staffing, Inc.